The Diversity Award 2023 is open for nominations.
Danish Shipping is following up on last year's new initiative and is now requesting candidates for this year's Diversity Award. Both individuals within the shipping industry and shipping companies can be nominated for their exceptional efforts in promoting DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion).
For the second consecutive year, Danish Shipping is awarding the Diversity Award to a member of Danish Shipping or the Ferry Operators who has made a special contribution in creating new knowledge or new initiatives related to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) within their company or the shipping industry.
Last year, Hafnia won with their "Maritime Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Lab." It was created in collaboration with RightShip, Wilhelmsen, Thome Group, Rio Tinto, and Anglo American, and served as a diversity think tank.
A new jury has now been appointed, and Danish Shipping is accepting nominations to be evaluated before a winner is announced on August 17, 2023.
"In Danish Shipping, we want to acknowledge the work being done within the shipping companies to improve inclusion, diversity, and equality. The Diversity Award is our way of generating positive recognition for the ongoing and persistent efforts taking place among our members. We received some excellent nominations last year, and I hope that the interest will be even greater this year," says Anne W. Trolle, Executive Director, Employment Conditions, Recruitment & Training
During the selection process, emphasis is placed on the nominated individual or shipping company having made a significant impact in at least one DEI area, either within the industry or within their company. This could include:
- Creating a new DEI initiative by actively using new knowledge or practices in the field.
- Actively working to promote a DEI mindset among employees, leaders, and partners, thereby serving as a positive ambassador for the company in this area.
"We are very aware that the changes happen within each individual shipping company. Our role here is to maintain focus on this important work of DEI and demonstrate that we consider it a value that should hold significant weight in our industry. Hopefully, our award can inspire the shipping companies to learn from each other in a positive spirit," says Anne W. Trolle.
Nominations should be sent to Anne Panknin Kristensen at email@example.com no later than June 1, 2023.
The jury consists of:
- Torsten Mathias Augustsen, Head of SEA HEALTH AND WELFARE
- Anne Windfeldt Trolle, Director of Labor Market, Recruitment, and Education at Danish Shipping
- Anja Rose, Head of Organizational Performance and Development at Welltec
- Dr. Poornima Luthra, Associate Professor at Copenhagen Business School
- Heidi Heseltine, CEO of Halcyon Recruitment and Founder of the Diversity Study Group.